Please fill out the form below if you have an equine before your first visit.
If you do not have an appointment yet, please call us at 704-844-8664.
Patient Information Sheet
Where to go:
- Our Equine facility is located at: 7918 New Town Road Waxhaw, NC 28173.
- You may complete the new patient forms prior to your appointment at www.animaleyeclinic.com under the “Client Center” tab.
- 15 minutes prior to your arrival, please call us at 704-844-8664.
- Please enter at the driveway marked with the sign “7918” and pull under the overhang. Do not enter at the drive marked “EXIT”. We have a circle drive for your convenience when exiting.
What to Bring:
- All current medications, including topical and oral medications.
- A copy of a current Coggins and recent medical records. You may also email records to email@example.com prior to your appointment. If you do not have a current Coggins, this will be performed during the exam.
- If the primary owner will not be present for the appointment, please provide the above with your transporter, as well as a phone number to reach the primary owner. The doctor will need to obtain consent before any treatments are performed.
What to Expect:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you know that you will be delayed, please call us at 704-844-8664 to let us know. o It is the responsibility of the Owner/Transporter to load and unload the horse before and after the appointment. Please allow appropriate time to do so.
- Late Policy: If you will be more than 15 minutes late for the appointment, we may ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Upon arrival, a technician will meet you at your trailer or in the lobby to obtain a medical history. The technician will then take your horse into the treatment area where the Doctor will perform the ophthalmic exam.
- During this time, we ask that you wait in our waiting room or outside.
- Once the exam is complete, the Doctor will meet with you in person to discuss his/her findings, diagnosis, and treatment recommendations.
- Payment is due in full at time of service.
- We accept: Credit Card, Cash, Care Credit, and Scratch Pay. We do not accept checks.